Harrah’s Sportsbook Review
Harrah’s online casino is responsible for licensing the Caesars Sportsbook for PA sports betting. This sportsbook will be among the most extensive online sites for sports betting in the state, with a variety of features and betting options for players. Promo codes and deposit bonuses have yet to be announced for Pennsylvania sportsbooks, but most new members enjoy a free $10 bet at signup and a welcome bonus based on the amount of your first bet. This Harrah’s casino review will explore the rest of the details of the upcoming Harrah’s sportsbook app and website for PA sports betting.
About Harrah’s/Caesars Sportsbook
Harrah’s Philadelphia Casino & Racetrack opened its physical location recently, offering PA residents a land-based option for sports betting. Next up, Harrah’s is creating an online sports betting app specifically for PA residents that is powered by Scientific Games. The app will have a variety of features and betting options, including the availability of wagers for collegiate football and basketball games (NCAA).
A deal was struck between DraftKings and Caesars Entertainment, which may help Harrah’s offer a more comprehensive, intuitive online sportsbook thanks to the assistance of an online leader in the fantasy sports and sports betting industries.
Pros and Cons
- One wallet for both the sportsbook and Harrah’s online casino gaming for easy transitions between the two
- Caesars Entertainment rewards offer loyalty points that you can convert into cash or comps at one of the many Caesars resorts worldwide
- Welcome bonuses available without a deposit
- Support and backing from one of the largest names in the gaming entertainment industry
- Android users must currently download the app from the Harrah’s website. No app is available in the Google Play Store.
- Not as much information on bonuses, payouts, and other details as the Pennsylvania sportsbook is still being completed for a live release.*
*Stick with Pennsylvania-Bet.com for regular updates on PA sportsbooks from Harrah’s and other online casinos and sports betting websites.
Types of Games Available
Although Harrah’s Sportsbook offers fewer international and specialty leagues and games than other sites, it does cover all the major sports, including the following:
- Basketball: NBA and NCAA
- Football: NFL and NCAA
- NHL Hockey
- MLB and International Baseball Leagues
- Soccer: European Leagues, Champions League, MLS, and all major Cup Games
- Boxing, UFC, and MMA: Major events
- PGA and Masters Golf Tours, along with season-long props and Tiger Woods specialty bets
- WTA and ATP Tour Tennis
- Formula 1 and NASCAR Racing
Players can place most of the standard sports bets when using the Harrah’s online casino sportsbook. Straight-up bets, along with Moneyline and spread bets, are available. Players can also bet on futures, place live bets, and wager parlays and teasers on a variety of sports and leagues.
Caesars Entertainment offers plenty of secure options for depositing and withdrawing funds at Harrah’s Sportsbook website or app. Caesars is likely to offer its prepaid credit card serviced by Play+ to PA residents when the sportsbook goes live, but this is not guaranteed. If this card is offered, users will be able to deposit funds onto the card from their bank account or other credit cards and then use the balance to make deposits into their online sportsbook account.
Winnings can also be withdrawn onto the card, which can be used as a regular credit card to pay for purchases anywhere that credit cards are accepted. In addition to this card, Harrah’s Sportsbook will offer all of the common sports betting funding options, including:
- Third-Party Wallets: PayPal and Neteller can be used at Harrah’s online casino and sportsbook. These services charge small fees for some deposits and withdrawals but allow you to avoid linking your personal bank account directly to the online sportsbook app.
- Bank Transfers: As usual, Harrah’s will offer traditional bank transfer services for those with checking accounts at most major banks. Players can use ACH transfer, also known as electronic funds transfer, or use the bank’s Bill Pay service to make deposits into their Harrah’s Sportsbook account. Not all banks will allow transfers to or from online gaming sites.
- Credit/Debit Cards: Most major Mastercard and Visa providers will allow you to deposit funds into an online casino or sportsbook account, as it is processed the same as a traditional purchase. Note that you will need to use a different withdrawal method if this is how you fund your sportsbook account with Harrah’s.
- Cash Deposits: Harrah’s Philadelphia will accept cash deposits for online accounts. Players can also use PayNearMe to deposit cash at any 7-Eleven location in the state. You’ll need to generate a barcode on the app and have the cashier scan the code to deposit funds.
Other Useful Info and Tips
Harrah’s online casino and sportsbook has responsible gaming resources and tools in place. Customer service is available via live chat, telephone, and e-mail support. There is also an FAQ section that provides answers to common questions and issues.
Note that all users of the Harrah’s Sportsbook app will need to enable geolocation and can only engage in sports betting within Pennsylvania borders, as is the case with all online sports betting operations in all states throughout the U.S.