Due to its simple rules, roulette tends to be one of the most popular casinos games, and of course it does not hurt that roulette also has very high payouts. No matter if you are looking to play at a brick and mortar casino or play roulette online, there are different variations of the game with subtle differences that changes odds and payouts.
Most of the online roulette variants use either the European or the American wheel. There is really only one subtle difference between the two games and this difference affects the RTP (return to player) and the game’s house advantage. The American Roulette is played with 38 slots, including a green zero and a green double zero. Then there is the difference between online European roulette and online French roulette, with the French roulette giving you a chance to win back half your money on any outside bet if the ball lands in the “0” (green) pocket.
These might look like small changes, but they ultimately affect the players’ odds of winning.
Online Roulette Variants in Pennsylvania
Just like most popular online casino games, online roulette has different variants. The PGCB (Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board) may permit online casinos to use different rules which might be different from the one used by the common roulette variants.
Below are the various examples of online roulette variants you can find online:
- European Roulette, bets can be placed on red or black, 1-36, or even on the columns. The house edge is 2.7%
- American Roulette, famously known as the Classic Vegas Variant. With very high payouts this roulette variant has a house edge of 5.26%
- French Roulette, which very similar to the European Roulette. The only difference it has the En Prison and La Partage ‘insurance’ bets. Players stand a chance of getting half of their money back if ball lands in the zero
- Three Wheel Roulette, a European Roulette variant that uses three wheels and has extra side bets
- Roulette Royale: a French Roulette variant, which has additional side bets
- Double Bonus Spin Roulette, which is an American Roulette variant which contains a big yellow wheel loft. If the ball lands in the loft then a bonus game is offered
- Double Ball Roulette, which is either a European or an American Roulette variant that uses alternative bets, two balls, and varied odds
Online Roulette Rules and How to Play Online Roulette
There are basic rules which are followed by all the roulette variants. However, there are some online casinos that have additional rules depending on the type of online roulette variant a player is playing. Below are some of the common rules you will find in a roulette:
- The numbered slots have two main different colors: black and red
- The players in a roulette game can bet on red or black, a number, or range of numbers, or a group of numbers
- When the wheel is spun, a small ball rolls on the wheel but in the opposite direction. The slot where the ball will land will determine the outcome of the bets in the game
When playing online roulette in PA, you will find an online interface that is used to replace the spinning wheel and ball which is found in an actual casino. Everything looks very much like the live casino. The only difference is that at an online casino the computerized random number generator (RNG) determines the outcome of the bet instead of the old-fashioned ball and wheel.
This computerized system helps in making the wheel spin even more random. All the random number generators used by online casinos in PA have been tested by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board to make sure they actually produce random numbers.
Online Roulette Strategy
While you may think simply choosing red or black or odd or even is all you need to know when it comes to online roulette betting strategy, there are actually some things you should take into account before placing your bets. Here are a few popular betting strategies for online rouletee:
- Martingale (progression): increasing the amount
of money you bet after every loss, with the hope of winning the initial bet in
a single hand before reaching the tables’ limit/ maximum bet or running out of
- This type of betting is something you should probably stay away from if you are on a cold streak, or are just starting out because your losses can mount quite quickly if things are not going your way
- Paroli (progression): after every win
increasing your bet so that you end wagering using the house’s cash
- This is strategy that many people like to employ as it can increase odds of larger payouts when you are running hot
- Hi-Lo, Medium, Slow: players pick a few high or
low numbers, then bet the same amount but this time on the opposite of the
number you picked (high or low). This is done to break even, just in case the
numbers don’t come in. And if the numbers do come in, you only have to give a
small percentage of your wins
- This is for people that want to spend plenty of time at the table and can lead to hours and hours of fun
- You might not win big using this strategy, but you also will probably stay away from losing big as well
Roulette is one of the most classic table games out there and now you can enjoy it all by playing online roulette in Pennsylvania. Most Americans are used to the American roulette version with a “0” slot and “00” slot, but you can try and break out of your comfort zone by playing the European or French version which only has the lone green bracket. No matter what your flavor, online roulette is a great way to spend time at an online casino in Pennsylvania and it allows for all sorts of fun bets. From single numbers, to corners, to picking your favorite color or picking odds vs. evens, online roulette is a perfect game for beginners just getting used to playing at online casinos in Pennsylvania.