Promotions and bonuses are always offered to entice new players to sign up. New players are then offered a welcome bonus which varies from one online casino to another. However, before you sign up for the welcome bonus it’s important to know exactly what offer you are claiming. Every PA online casino welcome bonus offers many perks to the players and tends to have terms and conditions which players need to take into consideration.
In this detailed guide, we cover all the important aspects of PA online casino welcome bonuses as well as which offers players can expect and enjoy.
What Is an Online Casino Welcome Bonus?
This is a promotion offered by online casinos to their new players or subscribers. The promotions encourage players to make deposits and play on real money games. These starter bonuses are available to players once they successfully sign, verify their accounts, and/or make their first deposit. Different PA online casinos offer different types of welcoming bonuses, with specific terms and conditions.
These specific terms and conditions also affect the games which can be played using the bonus, and all online casinos in PA will list which games are eligible and ineligible to play with the welcome bonus. When picking a welcome bonus make sure that your favorite game is in the list of eligible games. There are online casinos that restrict some games because of the Return-To-Player (RTP) percentage and you will not find these games available for play with the welcome bonus. You also might run into a scenario where a game might be eligible for your welcoming bonus, but due to the percentage of the wagering requirement, they become less effective, hence a low payoff for you.
Below is a list of the welcoming bonuses offered by some of the top online casinos in the state of Pennsylvania?
|Online Casino||Welcoming Bonus|
|Unibet Casino||$10 Free No Deposit 100% Bonus up to $500|
|PlaySugarHouse||100% Bonus up to $250|
|BetRivers Casino||100% Bonus up to $250|
|BetAmerica||$25 Free No Deposit 100% Bonus up to $500|
Types of Welcoming Offers
Any offer or bonus given to new players before they can start wagering for real money qualifies as a welcoming offer. In the online casino gaming arena, there are different types of welcoming offers that new players are eligible for. Below is a list of the most popular welcoming bonuses:
Percentage Bonus Offer on First Deposit
This is one of the best welcoming offers. The highest percentage being 100% where a new player gets a bonus equal to the amount of their first deposit. Different online casinos have different percentages of bonus offers, and usually you will see this specific type of welcome bonus capped at a certain number, depending on the online casino.
Match Bonus Offer on First Deposit
This is a variation of the percentage bonus offer. The main difference being that the match bonus offers a 100% match on the first deposit. The online casino doesn’t focus on the percentage instead it focuses on the amount of money deposited by the new player. The players’ initial depot is matched by the online casino. Every PA online casino has a limit on the maximum amount which can be matched by the casino.
To illustrate the range in maximum by casino, BetMGM has a match bonus with a limit of $200, while Borgata has a limit of $600.
Cash Bonus (No Deposit Bonus)
This bonus offer is awarded to new players after successfully signing up. It doesn’t require any deposit. The no deposit bonus can vary from $20 to $50, depending on the type of online casino. It is important to check the cash-out limit of the no deposit bonus before claiming it and bet sizes and the type of games you can play are also dictated in the wagering requirements.
Mostly offered on slots. To entice new players, some PA online casinos offer free spins as part of their welcoming bonus. The Terms & Conditions (T&Cs) of this offer are pretty strict as the free spins can be used only on specific games.
Cashable vs. Non-Cashable Welcoming Offers
It’s very easy to understand the difference between cashable and non-cashable welcoming bonuses. Most online casinos will not highlight this feature on their welcoming offers. The only way you can find out if the welcoming bonus is cashable or not is by reading the fine print of the T&C associated with the bonus. If the welcoming promotion has a cashable offer then you can cash the offer, if it doesn’t then you can’t cash it in and instead have to use the bonus on perks or prizes.
Cashing Welcome Bonus
One of the most important aspects of any bonus or offer is the cashing out ability. Checking the terms and conditions attached to any particular online casino welcome bonus is important. The document will clearly state how much your deposit offer is worth and also any restrictions with regards to payment methods.
The next thing would be looking at the claiming process, is it automatic or do you need a promo code? There are some online casinos that might require you to get in touch with the support team to facilitate the welcome bonus offer being deposited into your account.
Welcome Bonuses Terms and Conditions
The T&C is the most important part of the welcome bonus and every new player needs to focus on it before subscribing to the bonus. When reading through the terms and conditions, look at the following things:
- Wagering Requirements: they determine how much money a player can wager in any game before any withdrawal can be made. Check whether the amount to be wagered affects both the deposit and bonus or just the deposit/ bonus.
- Game values: associated with the wagering requirements. Some PA online casinos will allow certain games to only qualify for a certain percentage of the standard wager.
- Exclusivity: there are some online casinos which offer exclusive welcoming bonus, this bars the players from using any other promotions and offers when they have claimed the welcoming bonus.
- Region Specific: the welcoming offers in PA online casinos are limited to the state of Pennsylvania. Any new player who signs up out of the state, even if it is at the same brand of online casino, will not be eligible for the welcome bonus offered by the PA online casinos (i.e. a New Jersey player cannot use their bonus in PA and vice versa).
- Banking Options: the payment methods used by a player when depositing funds into their account will determine the eligibility of a player. Every welcoming bonus has its own preferred banking options.
- Bonus Codes: check if the welcoming bonus has any bonus codes and how the bonus codes can be obtained. Most online casinos display the bonus codes on their advertisements, or in their T&C agreement. Using the bonus codes where they are not required can risk the player being disqualified from claiming the welcoming bonus.
- Time Frame: welcoming bonuses have a time frame. If the new player doesn’t utilize the bonus until it’s over within a specific period of time then they end up losing the bonus. The average time frame is usually from 14 days to 90 days. The time frame of your welcoming bonus can be found in the T&C document.
- Validation: before you can make a deposit the online casino might require a player to validate their bank account. You will be required to have proof of identity, then the casino makes a small representative deposit into the player’s account. This is to make sure that the payment method of the player is indeed legit.
The terms and conditions of the welcoming bonus are normally tied to the T&C of the online casino, hence it’s important to also read the T&C implemented by the online casino.
How to Make The Most from Your Welcome Bonus
The following tips and tricks will help you in making the most out of your welcoming bonus.
- Check the available deposit methods which you can use to claim the reward. There are some online casinos, which will have limitations especially involving the banking options.
- What are the wagering requirements of the welcome bonus? Most casinos implement wagering requirements on their welcoming offers, which are clearly displayed when the new player signs up. There are additional casinos that also offered wager free welcoming bonuses like free spins.
- What is the full welcoming bonus package? Some online casinos will offer a welcoming bonus with additional offers and features like deposit bonuses, spins, or promotion to higher Loyalty VIP levels.
- How much bankroll will you have after claiming the welcome bonus? Go for the welcome bonus that will offer you the maximum bankroll which you can use in playing for real money.
- Is the welcoming bonus a one-time offer or it’s a continuous offer spiral over several deposits. There are online casinos that offer welcoming offers, which can be utilized several times and not just as a one-time offer.
The best online casinos will give their new players a chance to get the top prizes when playing their favorite games.